Vegan, Gluten Free Banana Bread
- 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas (I used 3)
- 1 and 3/4 cups of gluten-free flower (I used Bob’s Red Mill GF Flour mix)
- 1/2 cup vegan butter softened
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup vegan milk (I used soy milk)
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of xanthan gum
- 1 cup of coconuts shreds and walnuts- optional
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F.
As a child my mom used to make similar bars, but shaped in a ball. This is quite sweet treat but addictive as well.
My version is changed to vegan. I am not sure what I should call those bars, so for now they are just No-Bake Bars. (You can leave a suggestion in the comments for a name 😉
3/4 cup of caramel sauce (recipe here)
2-3 spoons of peanut butter
3/4 cup of shredded coconuts (optional)
3 cups of prepared rice ( gluten-free crispy rice cereal are the same thing)
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Spray a 9×13 pan with nonstick cooking spray.