I was modifying this recipe so many times. And too be honest, I still change things, when I make those beans burgers. 😉
But I decided to put a general recipe here. You may found that you want to omit some ingredients, or substitute. Feel free to do so. It should be just the way you like it after all. 😉
Vegan Bean Burgers
- 1/2 cup of cut mushrooms (optional)
- cup of cut broccoli
- gluten free bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon of spicy sauce, f.ex. Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon of gluten free soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast (optional)
- seasonings: salt, pepper, cumin, chilli, basil, etc.
- Using food processor, or mixer mash beans in a bowl (you can do it with fork as well); add onion, garlic, carrots, broccoli, mushrooms, and bell pepper. Mix.
- Add ketchup, sauces, nutritional yeast, seasoning to taste and flour. Mix well.
- Add bread crumbs, and more flour if necessary (but don’t overdo it). The mixture is good, when is a little sticky, and doesn’t fall apart, when you shape the mixture into burgers.
- Preheat frying pan with oil on it.
- Place burgers on the pan and cook from both sides, till brown.