I have posted the recipe for Latkes few years ago, but now a little bit different version. Let’s call it version two.
Vegan, Gluten Free Latkes
- 4 big potatoes/ peeled and shredded
- 1/2 small onion -chopped
- 1-2 shredded carrots
- egg replacer (1 equivalent of 1 egg. I use Follow Your Heart Egg Replacer)
- 2/3 cup of flour (I mixed different flours into cup: garbanzo bean flour, white rice flour and 2 spoons of flaxseed meal, 2-3 spoons of potato starch)
- 1-2 spoons of Gluten Free Plain Breadcrumbs by The Greater Knead
- salt, paper, turmeric, plus any seasonings that you feel fit and are to your taste.
- oil for frying
- optional: vegan sour cream/ apple sauce
- Shred potatoes on grater.
- Squeeze the juice out from potatoes, so they are dry.
- Combine them with onion, prepared egg replacer, and carrots.
- Add flour mix and salt and paper and other seasonings you are using. Mix well.
- When everything is mixed nicely, form pancakes.
- Heat just enough oil to coat the bottom of a large, nonstick skillet.
- Fry pancakes on both sides over medium-high heat until golden brown and crisp.
- Serve warm with sour cream and some greens on top or with an apple sauce.